Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I met our next featured Etsyan in a chat room... yeah, yeah. Anyway, Bredette is one of those glorious people who stands out even in tiny print. She made me laugh so hard that I cried... and then we traded pottery for essential oils. Her oil blends are fantastic, and a life saver for those of us who have those special days when we want to set things on fire but need instead to be loving and nurturing. Although being a potter, I want to set things on fire most days. In a good way.
Anywho, ORIONSTARS is GREAT!


I'm Bredette aka OrionStars. I have many creative outlets. One is my looove for blending essential oils to make yummy smells that also help with certain ailments like cramps or headaches, etc. I also love sewing, playing with paper, playing music-clarinet, guitar and ukelele. I could go on and on and on :)



2. What projects are you really excited about now?
Right now, I'm starting my third class in Essential Oils and I'm very excited to learn more about this passion I have.

3. What, or who, would you say inspires you? Do you have any other interests that feed your art/craft?
Everyone inspires me. Others being creative inspire me. There are so many talented people in the world, it's hard NOT to get inspired!

4. If you were a superhero, what would your super power be?
Hmm, I'd have to go with flying. Easy answer, I know, but I've always wanted to fly!!

5. What is your favorite part if the creative work you do?
The feedback I get. When people are amazed that my blends actually help. The smiles I get after people read the labels and listings, etc :)

6. What would your ideal studio/workspace be like?
Full of many oils and open, flat spaces. Will never happen, though, as I am a very cluttered person...

7. Why are manhole covers round?
Because those doods eat poorly and are round themselves! ha

8. What is the hardest part of the work you do?
I would have to say it's getting back stock together. I tend to make things as they're sold. It gets frustrating because I feel like I'm in a hurry to get it out. This is why I had a child, to train him to blend. Sweatshop here we come!

9. What project would you undertake if money, space, time, any part of reality, were not a constraint?
That's a huge question and I have no idea how to answer it. Dang.

10. If someone was making a film of your life story, what would the title be, what genre would it be, and what actor would play you?
Title: Silliness, Genre: indie/comedy/drama, Actor: Miranda July

No comments: